Few news apps have migrated to Apple’s Newsstand, despite benefits
McPheters & Company reports that only 8 percent of the 4,000 tablet and mobile news apps it tracks in its iMonitor database had joined Apple's virtual Newsstand by the end of October. The other 92 percent seem to be missing out, the report says, as "publications heavily promoted on the Newsstand have reported sales 2.5 to 10 times higher than previous levels." || Earlier: Why Apple’s virtual Newsstand is driving a surge in magazine, newspaper iPad app subscriptions | Full coverage of Newsstand. || Related: Financial Times Web app reaches 1 million users, almost half have created a home screen shortcut icon.