Twitter account shares small talk overheard in Conde Nast elevator
New York Observer | TVSpy
A new Twitter account, Conde Elevator, shares elevator small talk that reveals life inside the Condé Nast building. "So far," writes Kat Stoeffel, "the dispatches reflect the Condé Nast we know and love: fear of Anna Wintour, food anxiety, women who date ambitiously, and male editors beleaguered by squeezing sex jokes into headlines." A couple recent tweets:
- "Girl #1: There should be an elevator that only goes to Vogue. Just up to the 12th floor and back down. Girl #2: totally."
- "Old dudeitor: You goin' to that thing tonight? Young dudeitor: What thing? Old dudeitor: Ah, guess not."
Meanwhile, a spoof Twitter account has started to chronicle the newsgathering of the fictitious local news station, Channel 11 News:
- "If you're under 21, should you be required to wear a helmet while traveling as a passenger on commercial flights? One expert says yes."
- "We all know that the perfect recession-proof business is a tuxedo rental shop. Tonight at 10 we'll give you tips on starting yours."
- "He's trying to pass a law that would force the underprivileged to wear mittens year round and tonight at 11 he tells us why"