Five Steps to Multimedia Storytelling
The best multimedia stories are non-linear. You engage readers by letting them choose which elements to read (or watch or hear or...) and when to read them. Consider these elements to help you divide your story into logical non-linear components.
- A paragraph explaining the focus of your story
- Profiles of the main characters
- The main event
- The process or how something works
- Pros and cons
- Background of the situation
- Other issues raised by the story
Use this checklist as part of the storyboarding process. It will will help you define your story, determine the resources you need and identify which medium to use for each part of the story.