New over the weekend:
- Jim Romenesko describes conversations leading up to his departure from Poynter. (JimRomenesko.com) TechCrunch asks, “When big names leave, who wins?“
- Mashable editor Ben Parr has been fired. Business Insider has the back story on the site’s other recent departures and changes.
- The Hartford Courant and the Journal Inquirer settle a plagiarism/aggregation lawsuit. (Journal Inquirer)
In case you missed it:
- Rupert Murdoch sells about $62 million worth of News Corp. shares (The Wall Street Journal)
- The Tribune Co. files third reorganization plan after a judge rejected the other two plans to take it out of bankruptcy (Crain’s Chicago Business)
- 10,000 Words illustrates the life cycle of a newspaper story.