‘French whine,’ ‘French toast,’ ‘Mayor swap,’ ‘Eyes on Endeavour’ & the rest of today’s best front pages
The arrest of International Monetary Fund chief and French political contender Dominique Strauss-Kahn on charges he raped a hotel maid made interesting headlines in New York’s tabloids.
Today’s the day Rahm Emanuel will be sworn in as Chicago’s new mayor.
The launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavour captured Florida’s attention (and Arizona’s).
And flooding in Louisiana continues to concern.
Plus: Patrick Kennedy is back in the news.
- Related story: “IMF director Dominique Strauss-Kahn embroiled in rape scandal”
- Related story: “Whiny IMF head finally agrees to medical exam; set for arraignment today”
- Related story: “Maggie Daley: We’re looking forward to ‘another chapter’ “
- Related coverage: Space Shuttle Endeavour launch
- Related story: “Woman’s saviors on Jan. 8 convince her to see launch”
- Related story: Planning for high water
- Related story: “Patrick Kennedy on shame of addiction: ‘I felt like a loser’ “