Poynter’s Tedx event, feature talks from thought leaders in journalism and social media, who shared ideas about the future of journalism.
We live blogged about half of the sessions. Here’s the schedule for the live blog below.
- 9:50 a.m. Eric Deggans: Journalism as an Act: When Bubba the Love Sponge Rules the News
- 11:30 a.m. Jason Sadler, Creating Effective Social Media Content: Don’t Say the “V” Word
- 11:50 a.m. Jessica Hagy, Why We Need to See Beyond Soundbites (Not liveblogged, but here’s a PDF of session)
- 1:30 p.m. Rachel Sklar, Blind Spots: The Stories We Miss When We’re Looking Somewhere Else
- 2:40 p.m. Nora Paul, Getting Whipped Up about Journalism: Being Outrageous in Your Passion for the Work of Journalism
- 3:50 p.m. Robin Sloan and Matt Thompson, The Storm Collection, Part One and Two