Good morning! Here are some career updates from the journalism community:
- Sam Biddle will be a senior writer at Gawker. Previously, he was co-editor of Valleywag. Nitasha Tiku will assume Biddle’s responsibilities at Valleywag. She is co-editor there. (Business Insider)
- Polina Marinova is now associate editor of audience engagement at Fortune. Previously, she was social media editor at OZY Media. (@polina_marinova)
- Karen Leigh is now deputy Middle East bureau chief at The Wall Street Journal. Previously, she was managing editor of Syria Deeply. (@raju)
- Rachel Orr will be a mobile designer at The Washington Post. Previously, she was a page designer at Express. (The Washington Post)
- Stephen Bohner is now a mobile producer at The Washington Post. Previously, he was an online producer for The Arizona Republic (The Washington Post)
- Kyle Brinkman has been named news director for KLFY in Lafayette, Louisiana.