Bring Poynter Experts to Your Newsroom, Classroom or Workplace
As the COVID-19 outbreak and economic downturn challenge journalism in new ways, there’s never been a more relevant time to turn to Poynter for virtual, just-in-time training. Through the coronavirus crisis and beyond, Poynter experts are here to help.
We’ll work with you to assess your unique training needs, then craft a flexible plan that meets those needs. We train journalists through online courses they take independently, through online group seminars that combine independent work with live online workshops, and through virtual drop-in sessions and coaching. And when restrictions on travel and gathering allow, we’ll bring training to you in person.
Virtual and e-learning sessions include:
- Virtual Coaching Calls
- Drop-In Teaching for Newsrooms and Classrooms
- Navigating Ethical Decisions
- Managing Through Crisis
- Leading a Remote Workforce
- Caring for the Mental Health of Your Team
- Fact-Checking COVID-19 Information and Claims
- Converting the Subscriber Funnel While the Paywall Is Down
- Ensuring Diversity of Perspectives and Sources
- Tools to Manage Time Better
- Telling Fact from Fiction Online — Media Literacy for Young People
- Workshops at your location
We’d like to hear from you about the challenges you’re seeing. Our experts are standing by to listen, understand your needs and design a training program to support you.
Contact Poynter’s training experts today for more information about creating custom teaching for your organization. Please complete the form below and we will contact you:
Poynter’s faculty and subject matter experts are available for training on any scale, from consultation phone calls with top executives to expanded virtual training sessions for staffers in bureaus. Since the beginning of March, we’ve taught hundreds of people from journalism associations, newsrooms and classrooms around the world.
Here’s what our customers are saying about one of our faculty members, Al Tompkins, who is one of many on our team doing virtual drop-in teaching sessions: