Global Fact 6, the International Fact-Checking Network’s annual summit, is underway in Cape Town, South Africa. It is the largest and most diverse fact-checking conference in history, with more than 250 participants representing 55 countries and 146 active organizations. Over the course of three days, there will be 40 sessions led by 57 speakers at the University of Cape Town.
Catch up on past sessions here, and tune in today to watch some of the sessions live.
June 20 at 9-9:30 a.m. EST
The Truth or the President: Do Americans Believe in Trump?
- Glenn Kessler, Editor, and Chief Writer, The Fact Checker | Washington Post
June 20 at 9:30-10:30 a.m. EST
The Rise of Health & Science Fact-Checking and Lessons for Other Topical Areas | PANEL
- Baybars Örsek, Director | International Fact-Checking Network (Moderator)
- Angie Holan, Editor | Politifact
- David Ajikobi, Nigeria Editor | Africa Check
- Emmanuel Vincent, Director | Science Feedback
- Eugene Kiely, Director | FactCheck.org
More from IFCN at Global Fact 6:
- From Global Fact 6: ‘We must protect those who are telling the truth,’ says Cape Town mayor
- A legal fund for fact-checkers: the seed from Global Fact V that sprouted
- From Pants on Fire to Pinocchio: All the ways that fact-checkers rate claims
- Singapore’s anti-misinformation law is among the most comprehensive in the world. Here’s why that’s problematic.