Five openings feels like a lot of jobs these days, so polish your résumé, dust off your sparkling prose for that cover letter and check out all the jobs Poynter has open.
Here they are (in the order of least experience required to most), with a comment from someone leading or on that team about the job itself:
- Intern, International Fact-Checking Network: “The Poynter Institute’s International Fact-Checking Network is hiring its first-ever summer intern, who will cover the misinformation beat and manage our ongoing research and government tracking projects for 10 weeks,” said Baybars Örsek, the IFCN’s director.
- Social media editor: “We’re looking for someone with excellent writing skills and a strong journalistic understanding with an appreciation for marketing,” said Barbara Allen, managing editor of Poynter.org.
- Multimedia reporter, MediaWise: “This is an incredibly cool and unique opportunity for a scrappy journalist that will open a lot of doors,” said Katy Byron, MediaWise’s editor and program manager.
- Senior WordPress developer: “We started the new year with a new site and have combined our e-learning platform with our publishing platform. With all of our digital products on WordPress we’re looking for a senior developer to help take us to the next level,” said Vanessa Goodrum, technical project manager.
- Faculty member: “We don’t often hire for a new faculty member, so this person will play a major role in shaping the direction of our teaching,” said Doris Truong, Poynter director of training and diversity. “We’re looking for someone who can share an unbridled passion for journalism. And we need someone who is a bit of a journalism forecaster — someone who will help us figure out how journalism can best meet our audience where they want to be.”
Learn more about who we are and what we do at Poynter here.