How to sort fact from fiction online
Our mission at MediaWise is to empower people of all ages to be more critical consumers of content online. We teach people key digital literacy skills to spot misinformation and disinformation so they can make decisions based on facts, not fiction.
We believe that when facts prevail, democracy wins.
The number of people we've taught online and IRL nationwide since 2018
MediaWise in the news
- New York Times: These Students Are Learning About Fake News and How to Spot It
- NBC Nightly News: New program aims to help teens separate fact from fiction in online news
- Seventeen: What Is Fake News and How Can I Spot It?
- Snapchat: How to stop harmful rumors from going viral
- Time Magazine: How Your Brain Tricks You Into Believing Fake News
Our 3 pillars
Use the hashtag #IsThisLegit to flag us on posts you want help checking out online. Feel free to message us directly, too: @MediaWise across social.
Editor and Program Manager
Senior Multimedia Reporter
MediaWise is a nonprofit, nonpartisan project of the Poynter Institute. It is made possible thanks to grant funding and charitable donations by: