Our mission at MediaWise is to empower people of all ages to be more critical consumers of content online. We teach people key digital literacy skills to spot misinformation and disinformation so they can make decisions based on facts, not fiction.
We believe that when facts prevail, democracy wins.
The number of times MediaWise content has been viewed online since 2018
MediaWise in the news
- New York Times: Getting Wise to Fake News
- Variety: TikTok Will Tag Election-Related Videos With Link to 2020 U.S. Voters Guide
- Business Insider: A network of teen fact-checkers is tackling online misinformation ahead of the election — here’s what they want you to know about spotting falsified facts
- Forbes: These Powerful Journalists Are On A Mission To Help You Sift Out The Facts
- Deadline: Poynter Institute Adds Margaret Brennan, Amna Nawaz And Jessica Yellin To Media Literacy Initiative
- New York Times: These Students Are Learning About Fake News and How to Spot It
- The Des Moines Register: Digital info literacy group MediaWise brings info to first-time voters
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: There’s so much coronavirus information out there. Here’s how to make sense of it.
- Axios: Facebook, Poynter and ATTN: partner on digital literacy project
- USA TODAY: Helping seniors fight ‘infodemic’: Poynter’s MediaWise combats misinformation
The number of people MediaWise reached online since 2018
Our 3 pillars
Use the hashtag #IsThisLegit to flag us on posts you want help checking out online. Feel free to message us directly, too: @MediaWise across social. You can also reach out to the MediaWise team through email: email@example.com
Editor and Program Manager
Senior Multimedia Reporter
MediaWise is a nonprofit, nonpartisan project of the Poynter Institute. The Poynter Institute for Media Studies, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3. The EIN for the organization is 59-1630423. You can view The Poynter Institute’s most-recent public financial disclosure form 990 here.
MediaWise is made possible thanks to grant funding and charitable donations by: