How innovative is your company? Ask these 6 questions
Innovations can be analyzed so you can evaluate whether they will work at your organization. After you've come up with an idea, here are some questions to ask about your organization and its ability to innovate:
- Does your organization embrace innovation or accept it reluctantly?
- Does your organization see innovation as a continuous process or as a one-time event?
- Does it matter whether the ideas comes from management or rank-and-file?
- Would the proposed change be so dramatic at your organization that it could be doomed to failure?
- How much resistance to this innovation do you anticipate at your organization?
- Does your organization have as much of an ability to plan as it does to improvise?
Have you missed a Coffee Break Course? Here's our complete lineup. Or follow along on Twitter at #coffeebreakcourse.