Jill Abramson falls off Forbes' 'Most Powerful People' list
Forbes released its annual ranking of The World's Most Powerful People on Wednesday, and it includes several media movers:
- Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, was ranked 12th.
- Carlos Slim Helu, the Mexican telecoms billionaire who owns a 17 percent stake in The New York Times, came in at no. 14.
- Jeffrey Bezos, CEO of Amazon and owner of The Washington Post, landed at no. 16.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg makes no. 22.
- Michael Bloomberg, who recently assumed day-to-day control of his company, Bloomberg L.P., is 23rd.
- Rupert Murdoch and family come in at no. 32.
There are only nine women on the list of 72 (same as last year), and missing this year is The New York Times' former executive editor, Jill Abramson. Last year, she ranked no. 68. She was not replaced by current Times editor Dean Baquet.