NYT Magazine explains evolution of 'Planet Hillary' cover
Hillary Rodham Clinton, as you've never seen her, on the cover of this Sunday's NYT Magazine pic.twitter.com/QIsqibZaq5
— David Joachim, NYT (@davidjoachim) January 23, 2014
The image of a round, fleshy Hillary head adorns the cover the the upcoming issue of The New York Times Magazine.
On Thursday, Arem Duplessis offered a visual evolution of the cover.
— NYT Magazine (@NYTmag) January 23, 2014
And at The Daily Dot, Miles Klee gathered the memes and the memes about memes that have since come to life.
— Jacob Fischler (@ItsFischy) January 23, 2014
But reading headline reactions to the cover was also pretty fun. Responses ranged from inspired (Vanity Fair) to WTF (pretty much everyone else).
- Jezebel: "This New York Times Magazine Cover of Hillary Clinton Is...Interesting"
- The Huffington Post: "NY Times Magazine's Hillary Clinton Cover Is FREAKING US OUT"
- Time: "Here Is Hillary Clinton as a Planet on a Very Bizarre New York Times Magazine Cover"
- Talking Points Memo: "NY Times Magazine's Hillary Clinton Cover Might Creep You Out"
- Twitchy: "‘Seriously WTF’: NYT Magazine’s ‘Planet Hillary’ cover will haunt your dreams"
- Mediaite: "This Weekend’s NYT Magazine’s Hillary Clinton Cover is…Um…"
The Guardian isn't sure what to make of it: "The New York Times Magazine 'Planet Hillary' cover: brilliant or bizarre?"
In the end, perhaps Mashable summed the whole thing up best: "Internet Gravitates Toward Bizarre 'Planet Hillary' Magazine Cover"