Poynter offers free training from Google
The Poynter Institute Tuesday is offering a day of training on tools from Google, taught by the company's own experts.
The training, which will be offered for free courtesy the Google for Media team, consists of six 60-minute presentations on tools including search, mapping, data and Hangouts. The sessions are designed for journalists from varied backgrounds, including video and photojournalists, writers, bloggers and producers.
Here's the schedule:
- 9 a.m. Google research tools (search, trends, correlate and Public Data Explorer)
- 10:15 a.m. General mapping overview (Google Maps Engine, Maps API, Google Fusion Tables)
- 11:15 a.m. Customs maps training (More with Google Maps Engine and Fusion Tables)
- 1:15 p.m. Learn how to use Google Earth to supplement stories on newscasts or websites
- 2:15 p.m. Discover how to use Google+ and Hangouts on Air to interact with audiences and create live video broadcasts
- 3:30 p.m. Learn about best practices for using YouTube
If you're interested, you can sign up here.