Watch today's iPad conference at Missouri School of Journalism
"iPads: The Creative Process in Process" starts at 8:15 a.m. ET. and features speakers from Wired, Popular Science, Poynter, ESPN, and other journalism organizations. Watch the livestream here. The speakers list is after the jump.
iPads: The Creative Process
On March 7 tune in to the live stream of one of the first-ever conferences on how top magazines are creating edit and design for iPad. The conference is free and promises informative and lively demonstrations as well as how-to tips from editors and art directors who are publishing iPad apps that are attracting the attention of the industry and readers alike.
* ESPN's Gary Hoenig, Rob King, and Wright Thompson discuss how touch changes everything.
* Wired's Wyatt Mitchell goes behind the scenes to demonstrate how interactive elements inform content.
* Popular Science's Mike Haney reveals the creative ways editors and designers are using Mag+, a platform that transfers InDesign files to iPad and other tablets.
* Men's Health¹s Matt Bean focuses on how Rodale is extending its magazine brands by adapting existing content with innovative apps.
* Better Homes and Garden's Kitty Morgan and Michael Belknap and Wonderfactory partner Joe McCambley share the successes, challenges and the how-tos of Meredith's expanding iPad ventures.
* Plus insights from the Poynter Institute's Regina McCombs, and RJI's digital publishing director Roger Fidler.
Live streaming of iPads: The Creative Process starts 8:15 am.