Writing Tools -- The Musical
Editor's Note: The book version of "Writing Tools" was published
on Sept. 1, 2006,
which means we've just celebrated a half-year birthday of sorts. A
lot has happened since then:
- Close to 10,000 copies have been sold by Little, Brown.
- Contracts have been signed for editions in German, Danish and Portuguese.
- The book will be offered through the Writer's Digest Book Club.
- Poynter has created laminated cards that contain the Writing Tools Quick List.
- Writing Tools: The Blog has been born, offering new tools, new examples of old tools, and the podcast version of the book.
- Between Jan. 31 and Feb. 2, Poynter conducted its first workshop
in support of the book. More than 30 writers from all over the
country gathered in St. Petersburg to learn how to apply -- hands on --
the lessons of the book. Titled "50 Ways to Write," the workshop
will be held again on Oct. 1 - 3. If you are interested, check the
Poynter Web site for details on how to apply.
As if all this excitement were not enough, today we are proud to present Writing
Tools: The Musical. We promise your eyes and ears will never be the
same. Enjoy -- and let us know what you think.