Daily Kos | Mediaite.com | Entertainment Weekly
Ken Tucker says Jon Stewart’s appearance on “Fox News Sunday” was “one of the best interviews Stewart has given articulating his views” and that the Comedy Central host “came as close as I have seen to losing his temper” when he told Chris Wallace: “Who has the most consistently misinformed media viewers? Fox. Fox viewers. Consistently. Every poll.” Here’s what else he told Wallace:
* I think that you are here in some respects to bring a credibility and an integrity to an organization that might not otherwise have it, without your presence. So, you are here as a counterweight to Hannity, let’s say, or a counterweight to Glenn Beck.
* Being a comedian is harder than what you do. What I do is much harder. I put material through a process, a comedic process.
* The embarrassment is that I’m given credibility in this world because of the disappointment that the public has in what the news media does.
* There’s no question that I don’t tell the full story. I mean, I don’t disagree with that. But I don’t not tell the full story based on a purely ideological partisan agenda.
* The bias of the mainstream media — oh, I’m not saying it’s defensible, but the bias of the mainstream media is toward sensationalism, conflict and laziness.
* I think that the majority of people working in [media] probably hold liberal viewpoints, but I don’t think that they are as relentlessly activist as the conservative movement that has risen up over the last 40 years.