Steve Jobs’ death topped many news sites’ lists of “Most Popular” stories on Thursday, including six of the top dozen U.S. news sites. Videos about the late Apple co-founder also topped some rankings.
Here are the top stories on each site.
- “Rich Spanish duchess weds for third time at age 85”; “Steve Jobs dies; Apple chief created personal computer, iPad, iPod, iPhone” is the second most popular story.
- “NBC: Calif. workplace killing suspect shot dead”; “The Jobs legacy: Ease, elegance in technology” is the second most popular story.
- “Jobs and Apple ‘changed the world’” is the most popular video.
5. New York Times
6. Fox News
- “Knox family reportedly invites Amanda’s former boyfriend to Seattle for reunion” tops the site’s list of “most trending” headlines; “Apple’s Steve Jobs dies at 56” is fourth on the list.
7. ABC News
- “A story about Jobs’ death” is at the top of the home page, but the site doesn’t have a Most Popular list.
8. Huffington Post
9. Google News
- “Google celebrates Steve Jobs with homepage link, exec tributes,” currently tops the list of stories (there is no “most popular” list).
10. Washington Post
- “iPhone 4S Roundup: Hands-on reactions” is the most popular story. While his legacy continues, stories about Jobs’ death do not appear on the site’s list of five most popular stories. The top three stories on the Post’s “Social Reader” feature, which lists posts that readers have shared on Facebook, are all about Jobs, though. And all of the site’s five most popular videos are about Jobs:
- “Wozniak remembers Steve Jobs“
- “Steve Jobs and Pixar: How it started“
- “Steve Jobs, visionary behind Apple, dies“
- “2003 interview: Jobs on leaving and returning to Apple“
- “Apple: Steve Jobs has died“
11. CBS news
12. USA Today