Business Insider continues its special report on the future of
mobile with a look at possible trends in mobile advertising.
Dan Frommer writes:
As mobile phones evolve, mobile advertising is evolving, too.
Already, we’ve seen a shift from tiny text and banner ads to more
sophisticated efforts. Some are trying to captivate you with
mini-games, interactive widgets, and contests. Others serve up a
specific deal based on your location.
And while today’s mobile ads aren’t doing too poorly — 60% of mobile users click on mobile ads at least one a week, according to a recent report — there’s still a lot of room for advancements as the industry matures. (Especially considering that a lot of those “clicks” are probably by accident.)
He continues to describe the following mobile advertising trends they expect to see during the next few years.
1. More interactivity and “apps as ads.”
2. Deals and rewards, not just empty pitches.
3. Companies using cool mobile products to reach consumers directly,
instead of ads.
4. Ads helping save you money on mobile gadgets or services themselves.
5. Mobile ads linking up with mobile payments to “close the loop.”
Here are the other stories posted in Business Insider’s report on the future of mobile: