British journalist said to be in ISIS video

September 18, 2014
Category: Uncategorized

Reuters

British journalist John Cantlie purportedly appears in a video posted by supporters of the Islamic State group.

“I am a prisoner,” Reuters reports the man identified as Cantlie says. “That I cannot deny. But seeing as I’ve been abandoned by my government and my fate now lies in the hands of the Islamic State, I have nothing to lose.”

Cantlie, a photographer who has done work for the BBC and Britain’s Sunday Times, had been held hostage in Syria in 2012 and was released.

Cantlie was “anxious to get back out in the field” after the ordeal, Mike Giglio reported in August 2012. “I need to work,” Cantlie told him. “This is what I do.”