Good morning! Here are some career updates from the journalism community.
- Paul Likins is now vice president of digital operations at Newsday Media Group. Previously, he was head of revenue operations and programmatic solutions for Wenner Media. Stefanie Angeli is now senior director of national sales at Newsday Media Group. She previously led sales at Mom365.com. (Email)
- Gregg Birnbaum is now managing editor, head of political content at New York Daily News. He is a deputy managing editor at Politico. (Email)
- Matt Cooper is now politics editor at Newsweek. He has covered the White House for Time, The New Republic and U.S. News and World Report. Ross Schneiderman is now a senior editor at Newsweek. He has contributed to The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. Jonathan Broder is now a senior writer at Newsweek. Previously, he was the defense and foreign policy editor at Congressional Quarterly. Winston Ross is now a national correspondent for Newsweek. Previously, he was a freelancer for Newsweek, Time, National Journal and Vocativ. Azeen Ghorayshi is now a staff writer for Newsweek. Previously, she contributed to The Guardian, New Scientist and Wired UK. Max Kutner is now a staff writer for Newsweek. Previously, he was a contributor to Smithsonian and Boston magazines. Polly Mosendz is now a breaking news reporter for Newsweek. She previously worked at the Atlantic Wire. (Poynter)
- Gaurav Mishra is now digital director at Condé Nast India. He is the founder of FutureCrafting. (LinkedIn)
- Ross Levitt will be a supervising producer for the national security team at CNN. Previously, he was a field producer there. (Fishbowl DC)
Job of the day: New York Daily News is looking for a copy editor and Web producer. Get your résumés in! (Mediabistro)
Send your job moves: email@example.com
Correction: A previous version of this story confused Stefanie Angeli’s new title. She is senior director of national sales at Newsday Media Group, not senior director of national sales at Wenner Media.