Learn practical approaches and effective tools to stem the flow of misinformation and disinformation in Southeast and East Asia. This course from the The International Fact-Checking Network in partnership with the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom covers misinformation regulation attempts, fact-checking, fact-checkers and platforms.
Course learning outcomes
By the end of this session, you’ll be able to:
- Define fact-checking and explain why it is important in stopping the spread of mis/disinformation.
- Identify seven types of mis/disinformation.
- Apply fact-checking tools and techniques to fact-check content such as photos, videos, social media posts and search results.
- Differentiate how fact-checking is handled and presented across different search and social platforms and how these platforms work with fact-checkers.
- Identify and describe best practices in collaborative fact-checking projects.
Vanya Tsvetkova, Poynter’s NewsU