This isn’t a webinar about being pro- or anti-pot. It is a webinar to explain the terms relating to the plant, the different legal categories of the drug across the United States, and how journalists can be more accurate when reporting around cannabis.
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- Common terms relating to the cannabis industry
- The discrepancies with regard to the legal patchwork in the United States
- How cannabis intersects with a number of different beats
- Where to find reliable sources for data
- Types of coverage journalists should avoid when dealing with cannabis
- Storytelling opportunities for newsrooms
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
Journalists and editors on the health, business, technology, agriculture or politics beats, as well as anyone interested in covering the booming cannabis industry.
Nushin Rashidian is the co-founder of Cannabis Wire, and the co-author of A New Leaf: The End of Cannabis Prohibition. She is a research fellow on the Platforms and Publishers project at the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. @nushinrashidian
Alyson Martin is the co-founder of Cannabis Wire and co-authored A New Leaf: The End of Cannabis Prohibition. She is also an adjunct professor at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. @alysonrmartin