Find out how to leverage opportunities beyond simply posting job openings and hoping for the best. Once new hires are in the door, focusing on retention and career advancement is critical. Learn how to build a stronger team within your newsroom and set your new hires up for success.
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- How to move your recruiting strategy beyond ‘post and pray’
- Ways to build connections across demographics and difference
- How to retain journalists from diverse backgrounds
- Hiring practices that reduce unconscious bias
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Top editors
- Hiring managers
- Anyone interested in improving diversity in their newsrooms
Mizell Stewart III is a veteran news executive with Gannett and the USA TODAY Network and the co-director of the Poynter-NABJ Leadership Academy for Diversity in Digital Media. He has led newsrooms in Florida, Ohio and Indiana and has been a leading voice on newsroom diversity for more than 25 years.