This webinar discusses best practices in starting a topical Facebook group, how to involve your newsroom and how to keep the conversation going.
This training event is part of a series on digital tools, in partnership with the American Press Institute and The Poynter Institute, funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Learn more about journalism tools with Try This! — Tools for Journalism on Poynter.org.
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- Why the recent changes to Facebook’s newsfeed make Groups so important
- The things you need to consider as you’re setting up a Group
- Ways to get your newsroom excited and involved in managing the Group
- How to be a host and build productive communities
- The relationship between Facebook Groups and audience loyalty
- Benefits for the business side of your publication
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
Editors, reporters, audience engagement or social media producers who want to connect at a deeper level with their audience on Facebook should plan to attend.
Hannah Wise is the Engagement Editor at The Dallas Morning News and the Online News Association Dallas-Fort Worth chapter co-founder and president. She is the stitching maven behind behind the viral Instagram account @sewmanycomments where she doesn’t read the comments, but sews them.