State Broadcast Associations (SBAs) are invited to sign up for this invitation-only, two-week essential training experience led by Al Tompkins of The Poynter Institute, brought to you in partnership with the Massachusetts State Broadcast Association. Offer this training to your members as a membership perk. All members in your state can take advantage of this opportunity to enhance their leadership skills during a crisis.
July 27 and 28, 2020 from noon to 1 p.m. Eastern
Course learning outcomes
Poynter’s Al Tompkins, senior faculty for broadcast and online, will SBA members not just manage, but lead their team through this crisis and the next.
In session one, members will learn:
- What leaders need to know about how to manage stress and trauma in their newsroom
- How to communicate with your staff and send the right signals to your boss(es)
In session two, members will learn:
- How to lead Gen X, Gen Z, Millennials and Baby Boomers all in the same newsroom
- How to coach others to higher performance
- How to have tough conversations that produce results
Who should take this course?
This two-day course is perfect for local broadcast news directors (radio/TV), assistant news directors, executive producers or producers who are growing into leadership and management roles.
This training is brought to you in partnership with the Massachusetts State Broadcast Association.