The webinar will cover the benefits of having a newsletter, as well as deciding on the cadence and timing of a newsletter, coming up with topics, workflow, the importance of design and how to write subject lines that will actually get people to open the newsletter.
WHAT WILL I LEARN:
- Why you should have a newsletter
- How the Lily approaches its workflow for a twice-weekly newsletter
- How to write a great subject line (without being obnoxious)
- How and why to incorporate visuals into your newsletter
- The importance of consistency in editorial and visual voice
- What a newsletter can offer your readers
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
Editors, journalists, writers and anybody else who wants their newsletter to win a Webby.
Amy King is editor-in-chief and creative director of The Lily, a publication from The Washington Post.
Aviva Loeb is a digital designer at the Washington Post.