The Media Innovation Tour
- September 27, 2018
- Teaching Date
- Oct. 14-20, 2017
- Washington, D.C. and New York City
Join Poynter’s president, Neil Brown, for the third edition of Poynter’s annual innovation tour to Washington and New York from Oct. 14-20.
This is an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour with high-level executives at major news and media organizations in Washington, D.C. and New York City. We will be looking for the latest revenue-generating products at each stop and for innovation ideas adaptable to smaller journalistic enterprises.
Poynter is preparing the 2018 program.
If you are interested in attending this year's tour and would like to keep posted via email as the program develops, please sign-up here.
Here’s a look back at the November, 2017 Schedule:
- Pew Research Center, with Amy Mitchell, Director of Journalism Research, Pew; and Tom Rosenstiel, Executive Director, American Press Institute
- The Washington Post, with Emilio Garcia-Ruiz, Managing Editor; Megan Chan, Director of Digital Operations
- USA Today Network, with Patty Michalski, Senior Director of Digital Audience Development; Joanne Lipman, Editor-in-Chief and Chief Content Officer
New York City┃
- Google, with Daniel Sieberg, Global Head of Training & Development, Google News Lab
- The Associated Press, with Jim Kennedy, Senior Vice President Strategic Planning; Francesco Marconi, Strategy Manager;
- The New York Times, with Arthur Gregg Sulzberger, Deputy Publisher
Tuition price includes:
- Accommodations for five nights, Sunday through Friday
- Train transportation to second study tour destination (excludes arrival to first tour stop in Washington, D.C. and departure to home city at end of tour)
- Meals during the tour
- Ground transportation during the tour
What is not included:
- International and domestic flights to Washington, D.C., and from New York to home city
- Airport transfers and baggage fees
Registration for this exclusive event is $7,000. Our early-bird rate is $6,250 if you register by July 1.
Questions? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who will benefit:
Publishers, editors and any media leaders around the world who are responsible for revenue in their organizations. (Please note that all sessions on the tour will be in English.)