Poynter 2017 Innovation Tour: Inside America’s Leading News Organizations
- September 15, 2017
- Teaching Date
- Oct. 15-20, 2017
- Washington, D.C., and New York City
Please note: The registration deadline for this event has passed.
Join Poynter’s media business analyst Rick Edmonds for the third edition of Poynter’s annual innovation tour to Washington and New York from Oct. 15-20.
This year, the tour will include stops at The Washington Post, USA Today Network, The New York Times and Associated Press. Digital stops include Google’s New York office, Quartz and top digital metric firm Chartbeat. We will also visit the Pew Research Center. We will be looking for the latest revenue-generating products at each stop and for innovation ideas adaptable to smaller journalistic enterprises.
Last November’s tour was a hit with participants from abroad and the U.S. Besides news company executives, academia and foundations were represented.
To allow for dialogue with news leaders, participation is capped at 12. We expect spots to fill early on a first-come, first-served basis—so enroll now.
Click here to apply today. Seats are limited for this special program.
Here’s our schedule:
Washington D.C.┃Oct. 15-17, 2017
- Pew Research Center, with Amy Mitchell, Director of Journalism Research, Pew; and Tom Rosenstiel, Executive Director, American Press Institute
- The Washington Post, with Emilio Garcia-Ruiz, Managing Editor; Megan Chan, Director of Digital Operations
- USA Today Network, with Patty Michalski, Senior Director of Digital Audience Development; Joanne Lipman, Editor-in-Chief and Chief Content Officer
New York City┃Oct. 18-20, 2017
- Google, with Daniel Sieberg, Global Head of Training & Development, Google News Lab
- The Associated Press, with Jim Kennedy, Senior Vice President Strategic Planning; Francesco Marconi, Strategy Manager;
- The New York Times, with Arthur Gregg Sulzberger, Deputy Publisher
Tuition price includes:
- Accommodations for five nights, Sunday through Friday
- Train transportation to second study tour destination (excludes arrival to first tour stop in Washington, D.C. and departure to home city at end of tour)
- Meals during the tour
- Ground transportation during the tour
What is not included:
- International and domestic flights to Washington, D.C., and from New York to home city
- Airport transfers and baggage fees
Registration for this exclusive event is $7,000. Our early-bird rate is $6,250 if you register by July 1. The final tour registration deadline is Sept. 18.
Click here to apply.
Questions? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who will benefit:
Publishers, editors and any media leaders around the world who are responsible for revenue in their organizations. (Please note that all sessions on the tour will be in English.)