The International Fact-Checking Network
The International Fact-Checking Network is a unit of the Poynter Institute dedicated to bringing together fact-checkers worldwide. The IFCN was launched in September 2015 to support a booming crop of fact-checking initiatives by promoting best practices and exchanges in this field.
The International Fact-Checking Network:
- Monitors trends, formats and policy-making about fact-checking worldwide, publishing regular articles in the section below and in a weekly newsletter.
- Helps surface common positions among the world’s fact-checkers.
- Promotes basic standards through the fact-checkers’ code of principles and projects to track the impact of fact-checking.
- Funds annual fellowships, an innovation grant and a crowdfunding match program.
- Convenes fact-checkers in a yearly conference (Global Fact) and promotes collaborative efforts in international fact-checking.
- Provides training in person and online.
- Advocates for more fact-checking, including through an annual International Fact-Checking Day.